Dial A Ride
Any resident, 18 years and older who requests transportation for mental health counseling or mental health related medical care must provide a note from the physician or health care provider. In addition, the note shall contain language that the patient does not pose a risk or threat to the other occupants of the bus or the driver.
- The Dial – A – Ride Program is mainly for seniors with no other source of transportation.
- These persons will be given first priority with regards to scheduling.
- Those persons who have a valid drivers license and own a vehicle but are temporarily unable to drive, will be considered also;
- Those persons who have a valid driver’s license and own a vehicle and are capable of driving will be considered if seats are available.
- Be sixty years of age or older.
- Senior Citizens using the program must be able to walk to the vehicle and depart unassisted, unless accompanied by an assistant. The vehicle driver will offer assistance when necessary, to try to prevent falls and/or injuries.
- Be 18 years of age or older and physically disabled or handicapped.
- If you are handicapped or disabled and are under 60 years old, a certification form (which we will provide) must be filled out by your doctor and returned to us.
- Wheelchair and disabled clients must be accompanied by an aide or assistant who must be less than 60, but not younger than 18 years old. For insurance purposes, the name of the aide/assistant must be on our passenger list.
- Participant must be able to travel safely and independently as determined by the Department of Recreation or be accompanied by a companion.
- Companion age must be between 18 and 60 years of age.
- If it is questionable whether the participant is able to meet the above requirements, an assessment may be made by the Public Health Nurse.
Call Dial-A-Ride at 973-448-2058, Monday – Friday, 8am – 2pm. ALL reservations must be called in 24 hours in advance, before 2pm. RESERVATION CANNOT BE MADE WITH THE DRIVER. If no one answers your call, please leave a voice message. No reservation will be taken after 2pm Friday for the following Monday.
The following list represents the services we provide with Medicals always taking priority.
- Medical Appointments
- Nutrition Site
- Club Meetings
- Hospital & Nursing Home Visits